Minesto are currently searching for a General Purpose Marine Operative to be based in their offices in Anglesey.
Minesto is a world-leading marine energy technology developer with a commercial-scale demonstrator planned for commission in 2017. The role is key to the delivery of the DeepGreen500 project within time and budget. The successful candidate will be joining an international team developing a pioneering technology with exceptional global market potential.
- Kite Handler – operating lifting plant; use of cranes, fork lift, telehandler, support cradles, transfer cradles, chain blocks, ratchet blocks, Tirfor including securing arrangements.
- Onshore deployment support for the power plant – direct & move kite to and from the assembly hall to O&M support vessel via L&R cradle; assist in assembly & disassembly of systems
- Offshore deployment support for the power plant – operate as L&R crew onboard support vessels; operate support RIB or other craft as required to assist L&R or crew transfer
- Participate in safety inspections onshore and offshore and perform safety checks – LSA & FFE
- Perform basic mechanical checks on plant as required – oil, coolant checks, oil changes, filter changes, basic greasing routines
- Complete general maintenance of all systems – vessels, plant, building, machinery, FFE & LSA
- Maintain & upload all maintenance and safety records
- General maintenance of building, plant and vessels to include but not limited to cleaning, painting duties