Closing date: 3 March 2017 | Salary: £33,093 | Location: Bangor or Cardiff
- Directorate: KSP
- Team: Marine Licensing, Permitting Service
- Location: Ty Cambria, Cardiff or Maes y Ffynnon, Bangor with significant travel to Cardiff depending on level of experience. Additionally, there may be regular travel to the developers offices, currently in Gloucester.
- Post Number: 102754
- Reports to: Eleanor Smart, Senior Team Leader – Marine Licensing
- Direct reports: None
To lead the assessment of complex, high public interest marine licence application(s), for the Wylfa Newydd new nuclear development on Anglesey. Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that decisions taken are protective of the environment whilst supporting economic growth.
The job holder is also required to represent the Licensing team at stakeholder events relating to their teams work as well as being one of the key contacts in the team to respond to complex permitting queries from both internal and external customers.
Job Specific Criteria
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline (essential).
- Good knowledge of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010 and Marine Works Regulations 2007 (as amended), and how they relate to the permitting process. (essential)
- Practical experience of the application of relevant legislation to marine licensable activities. (essential)
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills (essential).
- Effective communication skills and strong customer focussed approach to delivery. (essential).
- Effective planning and organisation skills. (essential)
Application closing date: 03 March 2017
Interviews to take place on: 13 March 2017
To apply send your completed application form to:
If you have any queries please contact:
- Eleanor Smart on 0300 065 4478 or email email@example.com