Marine Renewables Canada will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday, May 17th at 5:00pm BST titled Spotlight on Wales: Marine Renewable Energy Projects, Progress, & Prospects.
With €100.4 million of EU funding prioritised for marine energy in Wales over the next five years, two wave and tidal stream Demonstration Zones, seabed agreements in place for three separate wave and tidal stream projects, and a number of proposals for significant tidal range projects, Wales is well positioned to play an leading role in marine energy.
This webinar will provide attendees with a development update on the marine renewable energy industry in Wales, including information on Minesto, Wave Hub, Morlais, Wave-Tricity, MPS, City Deal, SEACAMS2.
Attendees will also hear directly from Nova Innovation Ltd. on their progress over the last 12 months, including deployment of the world’s first tidal array at Shetland in Scotland, and initial development of new projects in Wales – a 3mW project called Enlli in partnership with the local community, and as part of the Anglesey Tidal Demonstration Zone (Morlais).
Speakers / Presenters:
- Elisa Obermann, Executive Director, Marine Renewable Canada
- David Jones, Project Director, Marine Energy Wales
- Joseph Kidd, Commercial Manager, Nova Innovation Ltd.
WEBINAR: Spotlight on Wales: Marine Renewable Energy Projects, Progress, & Prospects
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm ADT / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT / 5pm BST
1. Go to https://marinerenewables.webex.com/marinerenewables/onstage/g.php?MTID=e5be8298b2518dbdb145a6a53dae442d4
2. Click “Register”.
3. On the registration form, enter your information and then click “Submit”.
***Deadline to register is May 15, 2017.