Please note that this programme is subject to change and new speakers are being added on a regular basis. Keep checking back here for updates, follow us on Twitter or sign up to our newsletter to get the most up to date information.
8.00 – Registration opens, refreshments AVAILABLE
9.00-10.30 – Session 1: Marine Energy In Wales
Driven by Welsh Government support and over €100 million of investment, the marine energy sector in Wales has developed significantly since this conference was first held 10 years ago.
- Chair – Martin Murphy, Chair, Marine Energy Wales – Watch Video
- David Jones, Project Director, Marine Energy Wales – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Peter Ryland, Chief Executive Officer, Welsh European Funding Office – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Auriol Miller, Director, Institute of Welsh Affairs – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Andy Middleton, Chief Exploration Officer, The TYF Group – View Presentation / Watch Video
10.30-11.00 – Morning Break
11.00-12.00 – Session 2: Policy Support and a UK route to market
The removal of a ringfenced CfD for marine energy in 2016 has created challenging sector conditions. Does current UK strategy, like the Clean Growth Plan and recent wider energy policy decisions provide the marine energy industry with new opportunities?
- Chair – Hannah Smith, Senior Policy Manager, Scottish Renewables
- Christoph Harwood, Director, Simply Blue Energy
- Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, Ocean Energy Europe
- Nathan Bennett, Senior Public Affairs Manager, RenewableUK
- David Jones, Project Director, Marine Energy Wales
- Sue Barr, Chair, Marine Energy Council
12.00-13.00 – Lunch
13.00-14.15 – Session 3: Project Showcase – Tidal Stream and Tidal Range
From low velocity currents, array scale zones attracting global leaders, community off-grid solutions and future plans for tidal range, the sector is stimulating peripheral economies and providing innovative supply chain diversification.
- Chair – Sue Barr, Chair, Marine Energy Council
- Dr Martin Edlund, CEO, Minesto – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Gerallt Llewelyn Jones, SRO, Morlais – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Andrew Scott, CEO, Orbital Marine Power – View Presentation / Watch Video
- John Meagher, Business Development Director, Nova Innovation – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Henry Dixon, Chairman, North Wales Tidal Energy – View Presentation / Watch Video
14.15-15.30 – Session 4: Project Showcase – Wave and Floating offshore wind
Innovation and increased global activity suggest significant future markets for wave energy. How will current Welsh activity capitalise on an early mover advantage? Floating wind developers are being attracted to the SW approaches and opportunities are being explored to co-locate technology in Wales’ array scale demonstration zones.
- Chair – Claire Gibson, Managing Director, Wave Hub
- Sam Leighton, Managing Director, Bombora Wave Power – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Dr Graham Foster, CTO, Marine Power Systems – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Matt Hodson, Operations Director, Marine Hub Cornwall – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Sam Roch-Perks, CEO, Simply Blue Energy – View Presentation / Watch Video
Keynote Speaker: Lee Waters AM, Deputy Minister for Economy and Transport – Watch Video
15.30-16.00 – Afternoon Break
16.00-17.30 – Session 5: Maritime Clusters delivering innovation
UK test centres, ports and supply chains are critical in providing the infrastructure, support services, skills and knowledge to delivering the marine energy sector. Lessons learned, shared and collaborative solutions will be critical to lower the cost of energy.
- Chair – Kerry Hayes, Project Manager, Regen
- Jim O’Toole, Managing Director, Port of Mostyn – Watch Video
- Dr Tom Doyle, Technical Director, Dublin Offshore Consultants – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Michael Holgate, Associate, Aquatera – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Dr Paul Ellsmore, Regional Coordinator (Wales), ORE Catapult – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Joseph Kidd, META Development and Operations Manager, Marine Energy Wales – View Presentation / Watch Video
- Andy Jones, Interim Chief Executive, Port of Milford Haven – View Presentation / Watch Video