Use the buttons below to navigate between the different elements of the project.
META consists of multiple sites with a range of characteristics suitable for nursery testing of both wave and tidal devices, methodologies, sub-assemblies and components.
Depth range: 10m – 29m
Testing Duration: 3 – 18 months
Mean wave height 1.9m (winter 2.7m, summer 1.5m)
Up to 200km fetch
- Scaled wave energy converter (WEC) devices;
- Full-scale WEC devices; and
- Research and monitoring methodologies
Depth Range: 3m – 19m
Testing Duration: 1 – 6 months
Tidal Resource: 0.25 m/s – 1.2 m/s
- Scaled tidal devices
- Micro tidal devices,
- Instruments, components and subassemblies;
- ROV or other monitoring equipment;
- Site preparation methodologies;
- Decommissioning methodologies; and
- Salvage methodologies
Component & Sub Assembly testing
Quayside locations with adjacent laydown, workshop space and crane access areas.
Deep water port with dedicated infrastructure.
Real sea environments from sheltered waterways to full open sea.
All within immediate vicinity of experienced and established energy sector supply chain with transferable skills including steel fabricators, marine and other engineering specialisms, boat builders and ship repairers.
- Dip Testing
- Operational Testing
- Deployment and Retrieval
- Vessel approach and recovery
- Testing of Health and Safety
- Component testing for floating offshore wind technology
If you are interested in the META Test Sites, please request our developer questionnaire via the below form.