Marine Power Systems is seeking a Design Engineer with expertise in the assembly and maintenance of very large, complex systems within CAD, to join its team and help achieve the company’s vision of clean, affordable, reliable renewable marine energy.
MPS is considered a world leader in the field of hardware for the grid scale extraction of marine renewable energy to generate electricity. As Marine Power Systems’ Design Engineer, the successful candidate will take on a key role within the team to bring together & control subsystems and components, developed by the project teams, to create fully detailed system assemblies within CAD.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly motivated and talented development team, shaping the future of marine energy.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:
- Assembling and maintaining very large, complex systems within CAD.
- Review received designs for fit/packaging/interface suitability and present analyses to team.
- Management and control of MPS CAD data within CAD and data management software.
- Controlling design revisions using data management software.
- Controlling distribution and receipt of CAD data exchanged with in-house, remotely based and external project teams.
- Controlling system design changes within data management and CAD systems.
- Controlling and maintaining system bills of materials.
- Create device system drawings providing specifications for assembly and operational use.
- Creating storyboards and images to be used in the creation of construction and O&M procedures.
- Create tailored CAD models for use in simulations and small-scale testing.
- Wiring and pipework routing planning.
- Occasional detailed component design when required.
- Degree/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in CAD design.
- Able to produce high quality CAD drawings of both components and large assemblies.
- Good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please contact MPS for further details. All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to email@example.com