An experienced Public Affairs Director is being sought to work with the UK Marine Energy Council to further develop the sector across the UK.
The ‘Marine Energy Council’ (MEC) is the national-level representation of the UK marine energy sector. The MEC has so far operated as a network of companies and people and is now seeking to recruit a Public Affairs Director to help structure its action and strengthen its visibility.
- Define the yearly policy/advocacy strategy in consultation with Ocean Energy Europe, the UK Marine Energy Council and the marine energy sector
- Ensure the sector is well known and understood at a national level and that messaging is consistent
- Deliver lobbying campaigns to support sectoral need
- Write policy documents – primarily position papers but also potentially larger publications
- Identify media outreach and public relations opportunities and engage with the press
- Conduct policy analysis to generate data and define main messages
- Manage a programme of work to underpin the policy requirements and positions
- Engage with external stakeholders including all UK industry associations
- Engage with national-level lobby efforts in other European countries to ensure coordination – e.g. France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, the UK
The deadline for applications is 10th December 2019.
For further details including how to apply, click here.