Bombora is an award-winning ocean energy company from Western Australia , now with headquarters in Pembrokeshire, Wales. They are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team in Pembroke Dock.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and delivery of the electrical elements of the first mWave device. Preferably, they will have experience of the technical and commercial issues related to connecting new generators to the grid.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Act as the lead engineer with regards to the design of electrical elements of the mWave machine. In particular, this role will be responsible for developing the Power Take Off (PTO) system
- Review and critique electrical design documentation
- Collaborating with and influencing suppliers to ensure that they implement quality control systems that meet our exacting requirements
- Develop and implement a quality plan to ensure that the electrical elements of the machine meet the specified requirements
- Negotiate and manage commercial terms with suppliers of electrical elements
- Managing contracts to deliver the electrical elements of the mWave machine on time, to budget and in accordance with the high quality standards required
- Manage the interfaces between the electrical aspects of the machine and the remainder of the project
- Lead the design of electrical infrastructure required to connect to the grid
- Take a leading role in discussions with grid regulators and operators
The deadline to apply is 7th June.