Around £14m of EU funds are available for more small scale community renewable energy proposals.
WEFO is looking for proposals that will demonstrate the ability of a community to produce its own energy source and manage it through a smart grid application. Proposals should be able to deliver the infrastructure and be operational within the programme timescales.
The types of proposals likely to be supported are:
- Schemes that will deliver the infrastructure and be operational before the programmes close. Schemes that demonstrate sustainability beyond the ERDF intervention and the ability to future-proof energy supply reducing the complete reliance upon existing energy suppliers.
- Schemes that incorporate a storage solution to time-shift the energy created to when it is needed.
- Schemes that are already beyond the initial scoping phase with a clear idea of the solutions and infrastructure to be put in place.
- Schemes that are able to demonstrate a strong sustainable plan for continuation of the community energy solution after the ERDF intervention.
- Schemes that have a clear understanding of where match funding for the proposal can be sourced.
Submissions of interest or queries should be submitted to WEFOEnergyBranch@Wales.GSI.gov.uk.