Become a Member
Marine Energy Wales brings together technology developers, the supply chain, academia and the public sector aiming to establish Wales as a global leader in sustainable marine energy generation and making a significant contribution to a low carbon economy.
The benefits of this industry are being felt throughout the entire supply chain creating green sustainable jobs, growth and skills, providing significant development opportunities for Wales.
What does Marine Energy Wales do?
Our aim is to create a thriving and diverse marine energy industry in Wales by:
- Providing support and guidance for the sector
- Encouraging learning and collaboration through regular working group meetings
- Raising awareness of the country’s key development opportunities
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Providing a conduit for information for industry
- Encouraging wide participation in the marine energy industry
- Promoting wider public understanding of the benefits of marine energy
“The Marine Energy Wales team is a pleasure to work with. It is well run, open, positive, informative, responsive and inclusive. It is an extremely useful point of contact for the development of our interests in Wales.”
Robert East, UK Development Manager, OpenHydro
”It is too difficult to build a new industry on your own. Developers, suppliers and public actors in marine energy has to work closely together to secure the path towards commercial breakthrough. Marine Energy Wales is the driver and enabler of such collaboration and thus plays a vital role for Minesto to succeed in our number one market, Wales.”
Martin Edlund, CEO, Minesto